Surprising benefits of pineapple peel
Everybody is aware that pineapple is the tangy cousin of all fruits. And that besides being delicious, it is also extremely beneficial for the health. The tropical fruit has a tough exterior, but inside it is only heavenly, and a tad pulpy and crunchy. But while the fruit is hailed and eaten almost everywhere, not many people know about the benefits of its peel. Here, we discuss some of these health benefits, and how you can incorporate it in your diet.
* The skin has bromelain, which is a powerful enzyme — anti-inflammatory in nature. It can be used to reduce swelling post surgery or an injury.
* It is also believed to help with digestion. It is said the peels can fight intestinal parasites and help with constipation.
* If you are looking to boost immunity, you must consider the pineapple peel. Just like the fruit, the skin is rich is vitamin C, which can build the overall immunity of the body, fight bacteria, help with cough, etc.
* The skin can also be a teeth and bone strengthener, since it is rich in manganese. It is great for oral health, because the vitamin C can keep the gums healthy.
* The enzyme bromelain can prevent the clotting of blood, too. In fact, it can even make the blood healthier, by helping with the formation of more red blood cells.