Holi 2021: Post Holi Skin Care Tips, DIY Remedies For Gorgeous Skin
As we all are geared up to celebrate the day of colours with utmost zeal and enthusiasm, we also need to ensure that we don’t let Holi celebrations take a toll on our skin. Holi is celebrated by applying colours and application of various colours can damage our skin and leave it flaky and dry. We all must be aware about how to prep our skin before playing Holi, but post Holi skincare is the most essential to nourish your skin, prevent damages and get back that natural glow. No need to dampen your spirit. Soak in the festive fervour with some right tips and remedies that are going to be your skincare saviour post Holi. To get you started on it, we have got you covered from DIY remedies to tips that are going to come handy post Holi celebrations.
1. Using a foamy face wash is suggested as the foam ideally will remove dirt, colours and excess oil, wherein retaining the natural moisture of the skin. A word of caution, use a cleanser that caters to your skin as per your skin type.
2. Avoid using warm water directly on the skin as it might not prove to be very helpful. Instead, use cold water as it will easily wash off the colour easily.
3. Do not go overboard with scrubbing as it may dry out your skin and make it itchy and uneven.
4. Use an oil, like a cold pressed coconut oil over certain areas and let it settle for a bit as it will make the removal of colour super easy.
5. Use of a good moisturiser and face serum is a must and if needed, you can apply them at regular intervals as well.
DIY remedies that are essential post Holi celebration
Besan And Curd
Curd is known to be a saviour for our skin, and we have always known this. This besan and curd face pack is the most basic and effective one. Add 2 tablespoons of besan in a bowl, 1 tablespoon of curd to it and some drops of rose water. Mix it well and make a paste. Apply it thoroughly on the affected areas. Wash it off once it dries off.
Lemon And Curd
Another very effective home pack to get rid of colour. Lemon is known for its exfoliation properties. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of curd and mix it well. Apply it for 15 minutes and then head for a bath.
Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric has countless skincare benefits and is majorly known for its skin brightening properties. You can use water, curd or milk – whatever suits your skin to make this face mask. Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric and water in a bowl to make a paste and mix it well. Apply the mixture on the affected area and let it settle for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
To browse more beauty products, head to NDTV Shopping.
Disclaimer: The Swirlster Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Swirlster has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.