10 Diet And Workout Tips That You Can Follow
21-day lockdown: Your time in quarantine is now for at least 21 days, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for a complete lockdown of the country last night. The step has been called for in order to curb down the spread of coronavirus outbreak, which has killed at least 9 and infected at least 562 people in India. Celeb nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has been sharing day-wise quarantine plan which includes both diet and workout tips that you can follow. They are simple and easy-to-follow and can be helpful in maintaining your health and weight as you self-isolate at home.
21-day lockdown: Diet and workout plan you can follow
The plan which Diwekar shared today includes eating non-perishables like pulses, grains, millets and spices.
1. You can begin your day with squats and lunges at home. Skipping rope, jumping jacks, push-ups, pull-ups, planks, side planks etc are other exercises that you can do. Else, you can even plan a fun play session like hopscotch with the rest of your family members and the kids in the house.
2. On rising, have a handful of unsalted pistas (or any other nuts of your choice) or some khareek with some ghee.
3. For breakfast, you can have a homemade ragi dosa with gun powder, or have plain dosa if you have a leftover batter. Ragi is a gluten-free whole grain which is rich in fibre and can help with weight loss and diabetes management.
4. After your breakfast, you can have dry coconut with jaggery and 1-2 coriander seeds. Now isn’t this an interesting snacking option?
5. For lunch, have the good old rajma chawal. Legumes like rajma are rich in protein. When combined with the complex carbs in rice, it makes for a dish with a complete amino acid profile. You can also have dal rice or khichdi.